Sunday, June 25, 2017

Kansas City

The first weekend in June we headed to Kansas City with my family.  My brother moved down there last fall, but we've been trying to plan a family weekend trip to KC for the last several summers.  Apparently it took one of my brothers moving there to finally make it happen!  One of Evan's high school friends got married Friday night, so we headed down Saturday morning.  We went straight to the Kansas City River Market, a farmer's market full of fresh flowers, produce, and international food.  We had lunch at the River Market (I had delicious homemade tamales!) before heading down to the Plaza.



After wandering around the Plaza, we all hopped into the vehicle my youngest brother had rented for the weekend (It helps when he works for a car rental company!) and went to a Kansas City Sporting soccer game.  The game was so much fun!  I had never seen a professional soccer game before, but loved it!
The Sporting won!


Everyone received a pair of KC Sporting sunglasses at the game.

After the game we went to a restaurant called Char Bar for supper.  It was a fun indoor/outdoor, dog friendly BBQ restaurant with yard games and a fire pit.  It was fun and delicious!  Sunday morning we took my mom out for brunch for Mother's Day at a delicious restaurant called Brick House.  After eating, we headed to a Kansas City Royals game.  Unfortunately, we only saw about an inning and a half before a rain delay.  Bummer!  But, overall, it was a great weekend!

Love my family!

Evan and I 💜

My "little" brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment