Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pinterest Challenge...Jute Wrapped Vase

It's simple...I love Pinterest. I waste way too much time looking at all the great ideas people pin.  But, Pinterest is great for ideas so I suppose my "wasted" time is worth it right?!  One thing I pinned not too long ago was this glass vase wrapped with jute.

chemistrycat0.blogspot.com
I like the texture of jute and lately have been wanting to wrap it on everything from Styrofoam balls to flower vases.  I started with a plain vase that I had received flowers in at one point or another.  I have quite the collection under the kitchen sink so was happy to find a new life for one of them.

Wrapping the jute was pretty simple.  I just started at the bottom of the vase and began wrapping  using hot glue to hold the jute in place.  For me it helped to set the vase upside down and press the layers up into each other.  Here's what it looked like about halfway through.






Originally I thought I wanted to wrap the whole vase but I really liked how it looked with a few inches of the top of the vase showing.  When I was happy with the amount of jute I called it done!  And here's what it looked like with some flowers from Hobby Lobby a few years back.







Even though it's a few days late I decided to link up with the Pinterest Challenge.  If you've never heard of it, you're missing out!  You can read more about it at Young House Love.  Have a good weekend!  I'm hoping the snow melts here soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment